top of page
Permiso de trabajo en Canada.png

Live in Canada

The Express Entry program is a widely used way to live in Canada permanently. Under this program, Canada selects its candidates via a points system. The Canadian government designed a table made up of various criteria to determine the score of each of its candidates.

Likewise, the Canadian government conducts raffles a couple of times every year in which individuals who reach a specific number of points determined by the Canadian government can apply for permanent residence.


These points to be achieved can vary during each month of the year. We do not recommend this immigration program because the waiting time for the application to be reviewed can be up to 36 months.

In addition, the Canadian government requires that the applicant have a minimum of 12,000 CAD in the bank plus 2,000 CAD for each companion.

In fact, if you are interested in permanent residence, we recommend another type of program that consists of starting the process for permanent residence directly in Canada. If you are interested in learning more about that program, please complete the Personal Evaluation form found here.

Points for Express Entry are calculated based on certain factors:

1. Age: A person under 35 years old has the maximum score. From the age of 36 onwards, the system unfortunately deducts five points for each additional year.

2. Level of education: The system assigns a score depending on the level of education that the applicant has.

3. Level of English: Results of tests such as IELTS or CELPIP determine the score obtained by the applicant in this section.

4. Work experience in the country of origin: One to two years of qualified work experience have a score, three years or more have another score.

5. Previously completed employment: A valid job offer from a Canadian company entitles you to ten points.

6. Adaptability: You can score ten points on this adaptability factor if your family or close relatives are currently living in Canada and will be able to support you when you move there.


You can also earn points if your partner is willing to immigrate with you to Canada.

It is important to mention that qualified work experience is specific jobs or occupations determined by the National Occupational Classification (NOC). These are divided into levels and only a certain group qualify as graded jobs.

In case of having independent work experience, the applicant must demonstrate through certain documents such as payment receipts, letters from the company where they provided service, information on what service they provided, employment contracts, proof of work already carried out, among others.

What are the required documents?

  • Passport​

  • IELTS results​

  • Canadian Education Test or ECA (in the case of applying through the Federal Skilled Workers Program or to add points for education received outside of Canada)​

  • Provincial nomination (if any)​

  • Formal job offer in Canada (if any)​

  • Certificate of qualification in a trade occupation issued by a Canadian province or territory (if any)​

  • proof of work experience​

  • Funds Test

Documents that must be gathered to formalize the application:

  • Police certificates (without criminal records)​

  • medical exams​

  • Funds Test​

  • birth certificate​

  • Other additional documents depending on the type of application, marital status and others.

Support to Apply For The Entry Express Visa

If you plan to start an Entry Express visa application, we strongly recommend hiring an intermediary or consulting office to carry out this procedure.


The reason is because this process is somewhat perplexing and requires the applicant to receive counseling in order to submit a well-crafted and well-documented application. Besides, there are other programs that may have more flexibility, so it is important to receive professional advice to find other possible ways to obtain permanent residence.

If you would like us to do a personal assessment and provide you with other feasible options for moving to Canada permanently, please complete this questionnaire.

If you require legal assistance to process this visa, we kindly ask you to write to our email so that we can provide you with the information of the various service provider offices that we know and are well-known, so that you can get in touch.

bottom of page